Sunday 30 October 2016

Cracker Swap 2016


Christmas Cracker Swap 2016


Thank you to those of you that have already said you would like to join in please could you just comment below again so that I have all your names in one place, sorry that some of you can't take part I understand is a busy time of year, and for those of you that haven't taken part before this is how it works......

Each of us will make a fabric Christmas Cracker filled with goodies 

1) Take a kitchen roll tube (much roomier and nicer than a toilet roll!)

2) Fill your tube with goodies (you're be surprised how much you can fit in!) I think it would be great to include your favourite Christmas joke or recipe!

3) Wrap you filled tube in a Fat Quarter of some lovely Christmassy fabric and tie the ends with ribbon, add charms or bells if you wish.

4) Send your completed fabric Christmas cracker on its merry way to your swap partner

5) Receive a gorgeous fabric Christmas cracker stuffed with goodies and a lovely piece of fabric too!
*****
Suggestions to fill your kitchen roll

sewing and crafting goodies in the way of buttons, ribbons and threads, needles and pins, stickers, beads, charms and lots more

Christmas chocolates, sweets etc

pampering goodies like nail varnishes, bath bombs, soaps etc

something handmade (as long as it fits in the tube! Although it could also be wrapped around the tube underneath the fabric too!)

key rings, brooches, earrings etc

A favourite Christmas joke

A favourite Christmas recipe

*****
This is a partner swap, so get to know each other, read each others blogs or Instagram, do a little stalking on Pinterest. Find out what sort of Christmas they have, modern traditional, or maybe they do something completely different for Christmas, this swap is  a great way to meet new people.

SWAP RULES

This swap is open to UK and overseas bloggers, Instagrammers and non bloggers as long as you have a contact email. 
Last posting date for your Christmas cracker will be 16th December (before if you are posting overseas) - if for any reason you can't make that deadline please let your partner know. 
Blog, about what you receive and what you have sent so we can all see your wonderful goodies. If you don't have a blog you can always send me the pics and I'll post them on my blog for you.

I'm going to try and partner bloggers together and Instagrammers together so that it is easier for you all to find each other. 

Right, I think that's everything, if you have any problems during the swap then please let me know, but bear in mind that I am only the organiser of this swap it is up to you and your partner to swap details, likes and dislikes etc and to arrange a time to swap (by the deadline hopefully). I do understand that sometimes things happen and if for whatever reason you can't take part in the swap and need to pull out then please let me and your partner know, it's so disappointing not to receive anything!

If you would like to take part please sign up by the 4th November and swap partners will be posted on 6th November.

Please feel free to use the cracker swap 2016 pic for your blogs etc.

***************

Taking part in blogland so far we have

faith76
Ellie
Kimberley
Andrea
Melanie

Non bloggers
Lynn
Suzanne
Lois M
Mari R
Claire

IG
If I've tagged you on the hashtag crackerswap2016 then you are in!

Here are a few photos from previous cracker swaps to give you an idea






17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, I've put you on the list x

      Delete
  2. me three please (ooh recognise one of those crackers from 2012!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberley, It's surprising how long we have been doing this swap x

      Delete
  3. Dear Tracy
    Please count me in again - a fun swap to take part in.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Lois, thanks for signing up please could you contact me via email, many thanks tracy
      madaboutbags(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

      Delete
    2. I would love to join in please I'm in Australia @ollieandsophie1 instagram

      Delete
  5. Gosh, is it that time again?? I'll join in again Tracy, UK please if poss :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please count me in!! I don't have a blog. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to join! I'm IG user @RexyCrafter. I'm located in the US and would prefer a local swapper but could go international if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes please add me my email address is ollieandsophie1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to join in with your Christmas swap, would prefer to mail locally if possible, but can mail internationally if needed.

    My e-mail addy is florriebunting@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...