Thursday 15 December 2016

Advent Day 10 - 15

Hopefully this will be my last catch up post (famous last words) for the Advent Calendar. I will try (really hard) to post each day. So joining in with Julie's Scrapbook Advent. 

Day 10
The decorations are all now up in the conservatory so I have been adding a little Christmas cheer to the stairs, this was an in progress shot, I just liked the way the lights looked and now I've added the rest of the baubles it really cheers up the hallway. 

Day 11
Today it was the turn of the living room to get a Christmas make over. I'm still working on Mr Madaboutbags to buy another Christmas Tree but he isn't convinced!! I picked up this nativity set last year in a charity shop and it fits perfectly on the mantelpiece. 

Day 12
I bought three of these metal signs last year, all with different sayings. Last year I hung them on the wall but this year I decided to add them to the tree. They look much better there. 

Day 13
I meet up once a month with some friends for a evening of craft and lovely conversation. We don't always get much crafting done but we do have some great conversations. This month everyone came to me and we have a fabulous evening of laughter, there was a very small amount of crafting! I picked up this bottle of ginger beer at the local farm shop and it definitely had a fiery bite and although it was non alcoholic I think the full bodied part went straight to our heads!!! 

Day 14
Chocolate oranges have always been a part of my Christmas for as long as I can remember. Mr Madaboutbags bought this little lot home recently, I'm not sure if they will last until Christmas Day! 


Day 15
Today is Mr Madaboutbags' birthday, he isn't a great one for birthdays, but he will look forward to his all day breakfast on Sunday when Miss Madaboutbags is home from Uni. I have to say I'm glad I don't have a December birthday and do feel for those that do. This afternoon I spent a lovely few hours making a Christmas wreath. It's something I've always wanted to try and this year Miss Madaboutbags' church was running a workshop. I really enjoyed making the wreath and will definitely try some different themed ones throughout the year. 
Yay! I back up to date, now I'm off to bed as I've been a bit of a night owl recently and need to catch up on some sleep. See you all tomorrow X 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures.
    I know what you mean about December birthdays. I have two friends whose birthdays are December.

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Mr. MAB. My oldest son has his birthday on 31st December, so he always gets to have firework displays in honour of the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are ok! I always feel sorry for those with December birthday!s

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...