Thursday 18 February 2016

Send A Little Love Swap - Part 2

I thought I would share with you what I sent to Edit and Maria as part of the Send A Little love Swap.

During our emails Edit told me she liked a more neutral colour scheme, pinks and browns and yellows.

I found this beige and cream heart ribbon at my local fabric shop and used it to pretty up Edit's parcel and she can also add it to her stash.


I bought this lace heart some time ago, I can't remember where from now, and it's been sitting waiting for just the right project, I stitched it on to some linen and made a simple fabric heart hanger.


I had these wooden heart button in my stash and thought that they would be ideal for Edit's more natural theme.


I found a wonderful cross stitch chart on Pinterest for these heart monogrammed letters and I used an off white and pale pink thread on some beige linen. 


I found the perfect pink heart fabric in my local fabric shop and using some beige spotty fabric and ruffle anglaise trim from my stash I made this pouch.


Edit likes to cross stitch little houses and has quite a growing village collection, I found a couple of February/Love inspired houses on Pinterest and printed them off for her to try.


I tried my hand at some decoupage and made a heart for Edit (and Maria - see below) I think I need a bit more patience with this craft as I think I was supposed to let each layer dry first before splodging on more mod podge and paper!


No parcel would be complete without some treats so I added some yummy chocolate hearts.


and some hand cream.


I know Edit is keen to join in some more swaps and I'm hoping to organise another one shortly but if you do know of any swaps that are running please pop over and let Edit know. 

I had a funny week with my crafting in the lead up to this swap. I spent some time looking through both Edit and Maria's blogs and pinning ideas on Pinterest but when it came down to the actual making I had a bit of a wobble. Every idea I started either didn't pan out the way I hoped or I made mistakes that couldn't be rectified. I got to point with Maria's where I had the fabric and the sewing machine but no idea what to make. And then it came to me a few days before the deadline for posting, a project bag with a free hand embroidery appliquéd sewing machine. Well I was like a whirling dervish, drawing templates, cutting out fabrics and whizzing around my machine with the darning foot a blur!!!
I'm still fairly new to this free hand embroidery malarky but I do love the effect it gives and it's very forgiving if you go a little off piste!!!



I think I might have to make myself one of these bags!

I found this hanging heart in Next and thought it perfect for Maria and this swap.
Life is definitely better with my blogging friends. 


Here is Maria's decoupage heart, my patience still wasn't well, quite patient enough even on this second attempt!!

I found these heart shaped containers in Hobby craft and filled them with heart shaped buttons, ribbons and chocolate. 



 I also added some treats for Maria, more chocolate hearts and some raspberry and blackberry bath goodies.
And finally I picked up this little wooden heart ruler on one of my charity shop trips - perfect for this swap.


I do love this swap as it's a great way to start the year. If you have any ideas for swaps or are thinking of holding your own swap please let me know. 




8 comments:

  1. Thank you all of things! I really enjoy this SWAP with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swaps are great they really make you think about what you are making and who it's for. Love the cross stitch pouch. I now need to go and find the chart on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree I do love to try and make what I think my swapee will like x I think i may have pinned the chart in my cross stitch board on Pinterest, if you have trouble finding it let me know xx

      Delete
  3. What lovely goodies. I love your cross stitch and free hand machining. Beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gifts are all beautiful. You are so generous x x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...