Monday 26 October 2015

Cracker Swap 2015

It's Cracker Swap time again, I know many of you look forward to this swap as much as I do but if you are new to swapping then this is a lovely simple swap designed to get you in a christmassy mood!

So this is how it works......

Each of us will make a fabric Christmas Cracker filled with goodies

1) Take a kitchen roll tube (much roomier and nicer than a toilet roll!)

2) Fill your tube with goodies (you're be surprised how much you can fit in!) I think it would be great to include your favourite Christmas joke or recipe!

3) Wrap you filled tube in some lovely Christmassy fabric and tie the ends with ribbon

4) Send your completed fabric Christmas cracker on it's merry way to your swap partner

5) Receive a gorgeous fabric Christmas cracker stuffed with goodies and a lovely piece of fabric too!
*****
Suggestions to fill your kitchen roll

sewing and crafting goodies in the way of buttons, ribbons and threads, needles and pins, stickers, beads, charms and lots more

Christmas chocolates, sweets etc

pampering goodies like nail varnishes, bath bombs, soaps etc

something handmade (as long as it fits in the tube! Although it could also be wrapped around the tube underneath the fabric too!)

key rings, brooches, earrings etc

A favourite Christmas joke

A favourite Christmas recipe

*****
Here is a snippet of what I have sent and received over the past few years
What I received - Cracker Swap 2013 

and this was what was inside my cracker last year.




SWAP RULES

This swap is open to UK and overseas bloggers and non bloggers as long as you have a contact email.
Last posting date for your Christmas cracker will be 15th December (before if you are posting overseas) - if for any reason you can't make that deadline please let your partner know.
Blog about what you receive and what you have sent so we can all see your wonderful goodies.

Right, I think that's everything, if you have any problems during the swap then please let me know, but bear in mind that I am only the organiser of this swap it is up to you and your partner to swap details, likes and dislikes etc and to arrange a time to swap (by the deadline hopefully). I do understand that sometimes things happen and if for whatever reason you can't take part in the swap and need to pull out then please let me and your partner know, it's so disappointing not to receive anything!

Edited to add, please sign up by the 31st October and swap partners will be posted on 1st November.

12 comments:

  1. Oh yay - sign me up please. obviously happy to send internationally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in again kimberley xx

      Delete
  2. Yes please count me in Tracy , prefer UK if possible this time.maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, glad to see you are taking part too x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in Melanie, there are some fab swaps around at the moment xx

      Delete
  4. Yes please! I'd prefer to post in Europe...& can I say that I'm not a fabric person, but I am a papercrafter, so paper suits better than fabric. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you joining in the swap and paper or fabric I'm sure your cracker will be wonderful xx

      Delete
  5. Dear Tracy
    Count me in too, please - this is a lovely swap which I really enjoy! I'm happy to send internationally.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie, I'm glad to see you taking part again this year I love this swap too x

      Delete
  6. Hi Tracy, count me in again this year please! Can't believe that it is that time again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sent you an email - hope you got it OK. Love to do this swap - UK please x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...