Monday 16 February 2015

Initial Heart Swap

Back in December I signed up for the "Initial Heart Swap" over at Cheryll's blog "Gone Stitchin".

This is a secret swap with the idea that you make and send something with a heart and initial on for your swap partner.
I received this bright and cheery fabric hanging heart from my swap partner Ali.



It is hanging very nicely in my workroom.


There were also some delicious Lindt chocolate balls included but, being the kind Mum that I am, I gave them to my daughter for a get together with her friends!

Ali doesn't have a blog (yet!) but I hope she is reading this as I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to her for being a wonderful and very quick swap partner.

My secret swap victim partner, was Carin over at Ullharvan.

I did a lot of secret stalking over at Carin's blog and ummed and ahhed about what to make before finally deciding on a knitting needle and crochet hook roll. 


 I love this colourful apple print fabric but I knew it would be too busy to add a heart and initial if I used it all over the outside of the roll 


 so I teamed it with some gorgeous olive green linen from my stash and added a splash of orange.


I found the perfect button in my stash too.


And as for the initial heart, I made it from some super soft orange felt and 
free hand embroidered the initial C.




One of these days I will get around to making myself one!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE both items. I jsut receieved a really neat knitting needle case too from your swap. That apple fabric is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink heart is so sweet. Love your apple print knitting case. Love Pat x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...