Sunday 1 June 2014

Share Your Country Swap

Back in January (it really can't have been that long ago!) Kimberley over at Creative Chaos organised a 
with the idea being to send 5 things that symbolise the country you live in / were born in.

Something to eat; something hand made by you that represents your country;  a tourist nick nack; a stationery item ie notecards,postcards, a pen; a souvenir tea towel. 

I was paired with the very lovely New Zealander

 Elaina from A Little Bit Country

Now Elaina made it very easy for me as her About Me page on her blog is very informative
and having decided that as we are both excessive tea drinkers, a tea is so very English, that this would have to be one of the themes along with London as this is where Elaina met her husband and fell in love, not only with an Englishman, but with the city.
You can read about Elaina's London story here 

Before I show you what I sent to Elaina here is the wonderful package that Elaina put together for me.



some very tasty sweets that I ate in hiding in my workroom as I didn't want to share 
(is that mean of me?)





These sweet little bags (I am growing quite a collection of these from my new Zealand swaps) and some Manuka honey soap


Some delicious teas - which I'm looking forward to trying


a very bright and cheerful New Zealand bird tea towel



a handmade necklace showing the islands of New Zealand and a New Zealand magnet



a New Zealand themed tea pot shaped tea bag/spoon rest



some postcards of Elaina's favourite beach and a gorgeous summer magazine which i am going to enjoy reading now that the sun has come out here in England.



And here is what I sent Elaina, 
everything either had a tea, London or red, white and blue theme.

I found this fabulous red, white and blue London, tea pot fabric 
which I made into a quilted mug rug



and these cute lavender filled tea bags


because I thought Elaina might want to make something for herself from the fabrics I added a little bundle of them



along with this London ribbon



I have an old map book in my stash and used this London part to make a felt heart


and I found these super wartime London tea themed stickers on ebay.



I know that Elaina loves to collect china and I was really lucky on one of my charity shop hunts to find this little trinket box



And finally I sent some teabags 

 and some shortbread


Thank you to Kimberley for organising such a wonderful swap and thank you to Elaina for putting together such a lovely swap parcel.

5 comments:

  1. what a fantastic selection of goodies Elaina sent you! I have never seen that tea here.. will have to do a hunt! Love her tea towel too. And your items and makes are fab too. Think I might repeat this swap next year, as everyone seemed to have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this swap. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful swap partner. Elaina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant set of goodies you sent to each other!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, what a great selection of goodies you sent each other. I have never entered a "Swap" must have a go one day :0)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...