Thursday 5 January 2012

Getting Back in the Saddle.....

No not on a horse, but just getting back into the swing of things after Christmas.
This week all three of the children were back in school, for Tomas this means an extra full day at pre-school so he has been feeling a little quite a bit  a lot out of sorts come tea time, so there has been a fair bit of cajoling on my part to get him to eat his dinner and he is then out like a light come 6pm. But I think he will be just fine as we get a routine going, he does so look forward to going to pre-school which is always a bonus I think.

As for the older two they seem to have settled right back into their routines with no problems at all, sorting out timetables, homework and after school activities with ease, I just wish I knew what they were doing!!! Rachel has just had another super school report and Paul and I are so proud of her, this year is going to be a busy year for her choosing options and she has already started some of her GCSE'S.

As for Paul and I it is just a matter of establishing a routine, I use the word routine in the loosest sense of the word, as we are both at home we can choose to change things around if we want to. Although  I would like more of a routine when it comes to the housework otherwise I find that things slip a little, so with that in mind and having been spurred on by Kelly's Clutter blog I joined the Flylady, and have started on my baby steps, so far I have shined my sink and managed to keep it shining!!!
Paul has been laughing at me because when I explained the babysteps and said this is great,
 day 1 shine your sink and then 
day 2 all I have to do is keep my sink shining and get dressed this is going to be a breeze,
you can imagine why he thinks this is hilarious can't you!!!
Saying that though there are some good pointers on the flylady and I think that I shall be adapting lots of them to suit our family home. Just think I might even have the last laugh on Paul too!!!

Right I must dash as I've just realised I've missed the beginning of Celebrity Big Brother!!!
I really need to sort out the WIFI extender so that I can blog on my iPad and watch TV at the same time....

TTFN

8 comments:

  1. I know, it is good to get back into the routine of school etc, but it is hard getting up in the mornings - and that's just me lol! Ooh, didn't know CBB had started. thanks for the reminder! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you lovely, the baby steps sound good and you will deffo have the last laugh. I'm watching CBB too seems OK so far so we shall just have to see how it goes. Look forward to catching up on it all with you soon x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get into a routine to do housework, think I'll go and have a look at the FlyLady.
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I need to get into a routine too. I have hated this week, back up at 6am rather than 7am :( I do like a good list though, always have lots and lots of lists scattered around the place ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy, thanks for the lovely comment on my blog about quilting.I think I will try something small first, just before christmas I got some lovely fabric from York (I posted a blog about it) with a view to doing something for one of my granddaughters, I may do a cot quilt for the little one or even as someone suggested a dolls crib quilt.If I manage it I will post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracy,
    Thank you for the mention and the lovely comments on my blog!!
    Just wanted to pop by to catch up after Christmas and the new year!
    Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope 2012 is kind to you and that you get all you could possibly wish for xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling, can't wait to get back into a routine. My kids don't go back to pre.school/school until Monday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracy thank you so much for popping over to my blog. I do think sometimes I just try to hard when it comes to writting. I love your blogs and your a girl or should I say lady sewing and photography two of my favourite things. Although my photography needs a lot of work. However your photo's are amazing. I think you need a artist eye to be a good photographer and although i'm crafty i'm not artistic lol.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...