Wednesday 1 December 2010

Advent Swap Day 1

I've been so excited today as today was the first day of advent which meant I could open one of my gifts from Annie who was my swap partner in the Advent Swap organised by LaaLaa.
Annie decided to go with a bag theme and all my gifts are tucked away in this wonderful red snowflake bag......
Rather than dated all the gifts have a little clue as to what they might be and I can choose depending on my mood or just take pot luck....
How tempting are all these little packages......
For my first advent gift I chose.....
and this is what I found inside - a pretty sparkly brooch - which is going to look just fabulous on my new winter coat.

I used to have a pair of earrings with drops just like the beads on this brooch and will have to have a look in my jewellery box to see if I can find them to wear them together.
This advent swap idea is fantastic and a real grownup way to enjoy the build up to Christmas.
So it's a big thank you to Lynda for organizing the swap and to Annie for being my super advent swap partner.

The children haven't missed out either as well as the usual chocolate (Christmas is the one time of the year they can eat chocolate for breakfast) advent calender this year I have also put together some envelopes with a different activity for each day and today's activity was to put up their small trees and decorate them. Rachel and Jack keep these in their rooms to add a little festive cheer.
Now we all can't wait for tomorrow to see what advent brings us on day 2.......
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. How exciting,what a lovely brooch,it's not just the children getting excited now over the next 23 days it will be us lucky ladies with our advent goodies!The mystery of each little gift waiting to be opened.I love the lucky dip idea and the feel a pressie and see what mood your in too he he,it good fun,roll on tomorrow:)Thank you for popping by,the underlining seem to have gone crazy,think someone is telling me I have not blogged for a long time,hehe.becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Isn't Annie lovely! I'm glad you're enjoying the swap. Come and join the birthday one I'm organising too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh thats very pretty!!
    I'm enjoying looking around the blogs at everything everyone else got.
    Em xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a lot of swaps you have entered, how did you find the time!
    this one looks great though, hope you enjoy the rest of your gifts,
    joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowflake bag of goodies looks wonderful - and the brooch is super. You lucky lady! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag of advent goodies looks great, what a lovely gift to receive and lots more to open yet! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im loving seeing what everyone is getting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't do this swap but it is such fun seeing other peoples gifts!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on my blog and I will try to answer as many as I can. thanks Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...